R22 Phase OutAt the end of 2014 it will be illegal to use R22 to service and maintain air conditioning equipment.
If you operate R22 air conditioning systems this ban affects you as it is now subject to the EC Ozone Regulation No 1005/2009.
Typically, quality well maintained air conditioning systems have a life span of around 15 years. This brings all R22 equipment to its end of life risk zone before 2015.
Failure of old equipment could leave you without cooling and heating and spare parts are likely to be expensive or unavailable.
Taking a planned approach to equipment replacement also means that you could consider other ways of increasing the energy efficiency of your building.
Put simply there are two courses of action open to those operating an ongoing R22 air conditioning system.
• Option 1 - Do nothing until the end of 2014 and the exposure of site shutdown and/or fines.
• Option 2 - Plan a considered and costed strategy in order to offer a controlled solution and negate the risk.
A full system replacement is not always necessary. A partial replacement allows you to reuse as much material as possible, for instance existing pipe work, wiring and power supplies. This not only reduces cost (by up to 55%) but also cuts down on installation time and has less impact on the environment.
Either replacement solution will give you greatly improved efficiency, performance, reliability, lower running costs, lower maintenance costs and reduced C02 emissions.
Confused about all this legislation and red tape?
Airconaire will be happy to advise you on the most cost effective solution when looking to replace existing air-conditioning systems with more environmentally sustainable solutions.
If you would like to assess the cost involved and the savings you can make on your energy bills please call us on 01634 731 807 or [email protected]
- Airconaire have been awarded Constructionline Gold With 40 years of experience we have continually demonstrate our commitment to Health and Safety. This will directly benefit your project. Read More >
- Mitsubishi Diamond Airconaire have continued their commitment to quality by achieving Diamond status. Read More >
- Airconaire have implemented a revised policy to meet GDPR. Read More >
- The staff of Airconaire raised £700 for a local children’s charity F.A.D.S (Friends and Associates of DaneCourt School) in Gillingham, Kent. Read More >
- Airconaire in the press!! Airconaire have been featured in BDC magazine for our commitment to Health and Safety and as a leading example of a high quality mechanical Read More >
- Official Presentation photo. Well Done Barry Bradding one of the management team for achieving Winner for Mens Doubles for Ditton Short Mat Bowls Club. Read More >
- A big congratulations to Barry Bradding one of the management team for achieving Winner of Mens Doubles for Ditton Short Mat Bowls Club. Well done Barry ..... Read More >
- Well done to our Liam Thornton- Project Manager in winning the monthly award from Collins Construction for employee of the month of November 2015 for Health and Safety Champion Award Read More >
- Airconaire are pleased to announce their new London telephone number 0207 1250129 to meet the needs of projects within the London area. Read More >
- Airconaire held a Coffee morning in aid of the McMillan Cancer Support on Thursday 25th September 2014 and raised funds for this worthy charity. Read More >
- What are you doing about R22? Read More >
- Airconaire offer an extended 7 year warranty with all Mitsubishi Electric systems Read More >
- Airconaire are proud to be one of the 12 finalists for the Medway Business Awards 2013. Read More >
- With summer on its way we have some special deals on selected mitsubishi air conditioning systems. for more info contact us on 01634 711264 or email: [email protected] Read More >
- Airconaire raises money for Dandelion Time Read More >
- We have some excellent opportunities to join Airconaire. Senior Air Conditioning Engineer Mechanical Services/Commercial Manager Sales Manager Read More >
- R22 Time 2 Replace Currently Viewing
- New website Launch Read More >
- Local company Airconaire donate towards the Medway Park Transplant Games and Recreational Fund in support of The Great Ormond Street Renal Transplant Team. Read More >
- Airconaire Building Design & Construction Article Read More >